California Vehicle Sales Person Professional License Defense
If you are a California Vehicle Salesperson and are notified by the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) that you are under investigation or facing a possible denial, suspension or revocation of your California Vehicle Salesperson license, please contact our law offices so that we can assist in negotiating and resolving any Accusations, Statement of Issues or complaints made against you.
California Vehicle Salesperson licenses are considered occupational licenses and fall under the disciplinary authority of the CA Department of Motor Vehicles. If a salesperson engages in criminal conduct or other acts or conduct of “moral turpitude”, and if this behavior is deemed “substantially related to the qualifications, functions or duties” of the licensed activity (vehicle sales), your CA vehicle salesperson license may be restricted (probation), denied, suspended or revoked by the DMV.
You should consult with an experienced and qualified professional license defense lawyer as soon as possible if you receive a letter from the DMV with an Accusation and Statement of Issues so that our experienced licensing and criminal law team can guide you through a set of actions which can quickly restore your California vehicle salesperson license. At the Law Offices of Lucy S. McAllister, we can help you better understand the professional license claims and criminal complaints against you and will assist you to ensure all your questions are answered.
Criminal convictions and violations of DMV policies are typical situations in which California vehicle salesmen can receive Accusations stemming from their licenses. A threat to your vehicle salesperson license from the Department of Motor Vehicles in California constitutes a threat to your income, reputation and, possibly, to your career.
The DMV will consider a crime or act or conduct as “substantially related” to the licensed activity of vehicle sales if it involves:
- The fraudulent taking, obtaining, appropriating or retaining of funds, property, services or labor belonging to another person.
- Counterfeiting, forging or altering of money, any instrument, or any receipt, or the uttering of any materially false statement.
- Willfully attempting to derive a personal financial benefit through the nonpayment or underpayment of any fees, duties, taxes, assessments or levies duly imposed upon the licensee or applicant by federal, state or local government.
- The use of bribery, fraud, deceit, falsehood, extortion, or misrepresentation to achieve an end.
- Sexually related conduct causing physical harm or emotional distress to a person who is a witness or non-consenting participant in the conduct or convictions which require registration pursuant to the provisions of Section 290 of the Penal Code.
- Importation, transportation, or possession for sale or distribution of any controlled substances, illegal weapons, goods for which duties have not been paid, or other contraband in violation of any laws, rules or ordinances imposed upon the licensee or applicant by federal, state or local government.
- Willfully violating or failing to comply with any licensing, registration, tax, or regulatory provision of Divisions 3, 3.5, 3.6, 4, or 5 of the Vehicle Code, which has resulted in damage, loss, or harm to any individual, the public, or to the State of California.
- Willfully violating or failing to comply with a statutory requirement that a license, permit or other entitlement be obtained from a duly constituted public authority before engaging in a business or course of conduct.
- Doing of any unlawful act with the intent of conferring a financial or economic benefit upon the perpetrator or with the intent or threat of doing substantial injury to the person or property of another.
California Vehicle Salesperson License Defense: Superior Legal Services
Having represented hundreds of clients in California facing legal challenges in the local area courts, Lucy helps vehicle salespeople, car dealers and car repair professionals with cases involving many types of administrative and criminal law offenses.
Professional license defense in California require an intricate understanding of DMV and criminal law, and attorney Lucy S. McAllister is familiar with effective methods used to resolve them. As your professional license defense lawyer, Lucy McAllister will be committed to providing you with the necessary information, resources and counsel necessary to help you effectively navigate the California legal codes.
California professional license attorney, Lucy McAllister, is a competent and aggressive advocate with over 30 years of licensing and criminal attorney experience. She will be able to effectively plan and manage your legal strategy and will take the time to provide legal context and clarify the legal system’s processes for you. Lucy S. McAllister takes the time to understand your particular circumstances and will work hard to tailor solutions that will meet your specific legal needs. She will work tirelessly with you to collaboratively determine the most effective solutions for your case.
If you are facing potential loss or suspension of your CA vehicle salesperson license in California, contact us at the Law Offices of Lucy S. McAllister so that we can provide you with the most effective legal approaches to help resolve your case.
Resources for California Vehicle Salespersons: