Doctor measuring the pressure of pateints

If you are a licensed registered nurse in another U.S. state or in Canada and have completed an educational program meeting all California nurse licensure requirements, and you have passed the national Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) or the State Board Test Pool Examination (SBTPE), then you may qualify for a California nursing license under the program “Licensure by Endorsement”.

This article about Travel Nursing – How to Get Your California RN Licensing by Endorsement is a great resource. It provides step-by-step details on the long path (12-14 weeks) vs. the short path (as little as 24 hours).

Applications for individuals with prior criminal convictions or disciplinary actions are reviewed on a case by case basis, and it is suggested that the longer route to nursing licensure is preferred in these situations.

If you have been accused of misconduct, contact Lucy McAllister, who can help you properly disclose issues on your application. We have experience in helping you draft an appropriate response in order to help you obtain your California RN Licensure by Endorsement.

More Resources:
California Board of Nursing – Licensure by Endorsement